This course provides those who are a new to programming with an introduction to object-oriented programming using the Java/C#-like Force.com code (Apex). In this class, you’ll learn the basics of creating classes and triggers in Force.com code as well as best practices and development methodology concepts that will help you be successful as you start to build your first Force.com applications.
At the end of this class, you’ll have an understanding of how to approach your first programming assignment, how to construct basic Force.com code to build on the Force.com platform, and hands-on experience with the Force.com toolset.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for people who are familiar with the Salesforce application user interface (UI) and customizing applications using the Setup menu and who want to gain an understanding of object-oriented programming and develop basic Force.com code development skills.
Course participants should be familiar with the Salesforce UI and how to customize applications using the declarative capabilities.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- ?? Demonstrate the fundamentals of Force.com code development
- ?? Describe object-oriented programming concepts
- ?? Evaluate general use cases where Force.com code is a good solution
- ?? Consider basic Force.com code syntax, available data types, and potential use of each
- ?? List the ways Force.com code can be invoked
- ?? Compare and contrast the different types of collections
- ?? Write SOQL for loops to handle bulk data
- ?? Review execution order and where before and after triggers execute
- ?? Test the different governor limits and contexts
- ?? Create a unit test for a class using assertion methods
- ?? Understand the requirements, steps, and tools available for deploying Force.com code
Duration: Webconferencing – around 10 sessions.